Community-Engaged Research provides an opportunity for you to implement the skills and and knowledge you have acquired on real life projects with significant local impact. At the same time, you will gain valuable work experience which will contribute to enhance your confidence; you will have the chance to move outside the university and link to local networks and organisations. And you will gain and improve skills such as communication, negotiation and project management, among any others.
The primary applicant must be a student of NUI Galway and will be selected according to her/his supervisor criteria, which might include her/his academic results and personal skills.
1. Have a look at our database of available projects.
2. Consider which project/s might interest you.
3. Speak to your course tutor or supervisor about your options; please do not contact organisations directly.
4. Fill in the application form below:
We will examine your request and we will contact you to set up a meeting date.
- To develop the research project proposal with the supervisor and the organisation. Once it is approved and the contract of agreement signed, start the research.
- To report regularly to the supervisor, the organisation and EPIC.
- To participate in meetings, at least three times, with all the parties: before, during and after the research.
- To be punctual, reliable, mature and flexible.
- To employ high ethical standards in carrying out your research.
- To ensure the production of quality reports.